PS-engage is a Singapore registered company that focuses on constructive engagement activities, government relations consulting and establishing public and private partnerships. Our team works with world-class multinationals in the Information Communication Technology (ICT), e-commerce, electronic payments and financial industries and has a vast network of specialist partners focused on trade, advocacy and constructive government engagement. PS-Engage is looking for an Analyst who is well versed with the digital economy policy issues, particularly related to ICT (e.g. cybersecurity, data privacy, cloud computing, taxation, over-the-top), e-commerce and payments, in the ASEAN region. The candidate will get an opportunity to work with leading global technology players on key policy issues and will support the team in driving regional initiatives.
- Plan, manage and execute policy advocacy efforts for member companies on the Internet and ICT policy issues.
- Coordinate with the country representatives to drive synergistic initiatives in ASEAN countries, creating public-private engagement opportunities such as regular dialogues and consultations.
- Support the regional media relations team in drafting press releases, background briefings for events and media statements.
- Support the regional team in drafting responses to public consultations.
- Monitor technology policy developments and provide analytical updates to AIC’s weekly reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field such as Economics, International Relations, Political Science. A Master’s Degree is a major plus, preferably from the top-tier university.
- Exposure to ICT policy related issues is preferred.
- Singapore national or permanent resident.
- 1-3 years of experience, ideally in government relations, economic analysis, project management, or business development.
- Demonstrated experience with successfully managing programs, events and budgets, and tracking and advocating on key policy issues.
- Must be able to work independently and achieve concrete results.
- Must be organized, detail-oriented and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks at the same time.
- Must be willing to work beyond normal business hours in order to speak with on the ground country representatives. Comfortable working in flexible working locations (e.g. co-working space/home).
- Must be fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Should be able to demonstrate the ability to produce high-quality English-language publications. An additional regional language in a plus.
- Must have good research skills and be able to learn and absorb quickly.
- Must be able to interact with all organizational levels, including leadership team, senior management of member companies, government bodies, academics, think tanks and media.
- Needs to have knowledge of Southeast Asia, including its history, culture, politics and business environment.
- Knowledge of ASEAN as an organization and its key initiatives is a plus.
Interested candidates should send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include a cover letter and current resume. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis with a view to recruiting as soon as possible.